6 Reasons Why You Have To Migrate To Cisco Catalyst Series Product
Cisco Catalyst switches used to filter or block packets at the port level in response to specific traffic conditions. The following port-based trafffic control features are supported in the Cisco IOS Release:
- Storm Control
- Protected Ports
- Port Blocking
- Port Security
- Protocol Storm Protection
Mobility is still on the rise and it’s what’s keeping many IT professionals busy, be it due to the sheer number of devices they need to manage, or policies that need to work across networks. By offering converged wired and wireless network services, the Cisco Catalyst series provide exceptional visibility across security segmentations and policies for end-user devices and IoT devices.
Perpetual PoE is supported on the Cisco Catalyst 2960-L,2960-X and 2960-XR Series. With Perpetual PoE, the PoE+ power is maintained during a switch reload. This is important for critical endpoints such as medical devices and for Internet of Things (IoT) endpoints such as PoE-powered lights, so that there is no disruption during a switch reboot.
Easy and Granular Switch Management
Cisco Catalyst 2960-L, 2960-X and 2960-XR series Switches offer a superior CLI for detailed configuration and administration. The switches also support the following on-device management features:
- Web UI via Cisco Configuration Professional
- Bluetooth for over-the-air access
- Virtual Stacking for managing a group of switches as a single entity Cisco Catalyst 2960-L series
- Cisco FlexStack-Plus provides stacking of up to eight Cisco Catalyst 2960-X or 2960-XR Series Switches with the optional FlexStack-Plus module
The Cisco Catalyst 2960-X and 2960-XR Series Switches are supported by the full range of Cisco network management solutions.
- Cisco DNA Center, an open, extensible platform that gives you the power to customize your network, building the applications you need for greater business and IT efficiency.
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure
Automation and Simplification
Simplify tasks and save time through automation. Configuring things like QoS, which could take months, can now be done in a couple of hours if not minutes with DNA Center.
Cisco Catalyst 2960-X and 2960-XR,
enterprise class switches at a great price
Want cost-effective access switches that scale? Our 2960-X and 2960-XR Series are stackable Gigabit Ethernet Layer 2 and Layer 3 access switches. They’re easy to deploy, manage, and troubleshoot and offer automated software installation and port configuration.
Cisco Catalyst 2960-X and 2960-XR Series Switches feature:
- 24 or 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports with line-rate forwarding performance
- 4 fixed 1 Gigabit Ethernet Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) uplinks or 2 fixed 10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ uplinks
- PoE+ support with a power budget of up to 740W and Perpetual PoE
- Cisco IOS LAN Base or LAN Lite1 and Cisco IOS IP Lite
- Device management with web UI, over-the-air access via Bluetooth, Command-Line Interface (CLI), Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), and RJ-45 or USB console access
- Network management with Cisco Prime©, Cisco Network Plug and Play, and Cisco DNA™ Center
- Stacking with FlexStack-Plus and FlexStack-Extended
- Layer 3 features with routed access (Open Shortest Path First [OSPF]), static routing, and Routing Information Protocol (RIP)
- Visibility with Domain Name System as an Authoritative Source (DNS-AS) and Full (Flexible) NetFlow
- Security with 802.1X, Serial Port Analyzer (SPAN) and Bridge Protocol Data Unit (BPDU) Guard
- Reliability with higher Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) and Enhanced Limited Lifetime Warranty (E-LLW)
- Resiliency with optional dual field-replaceable power supplies
Cisco Catalyst 2960-L Series Switches Data Sheet
Cisco® Catalyst® 2960-L Series Switches are fixed-configuration, Gigabit Ethernet switches that provide enterprise-class access switching for branch offices, out-of-the-wiring-closet applications, and critical Internet of Things (IoT) deployments, as well as small and medium-sized businesses. They operate on Cisco IOS® Software and support simple device management as well as network management. The Cisco Catalyst 2960-L Series provides easy device onboarding, configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting. These fully managed switches offer advanced Layer 2 and basic Layer 3 features as well as Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) power. The 2960-L Series delivers enhanced network security, network reliability, and operational efficiency.
Cisco Catalyst 2960-L Series Switches feature:
- 8, 16, 24, or 48 Gigabit Ethernet data or PoE+ ports with line-rate forwarding
- 2 or 4 fixed 1 Gigabit Ethernet Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) uplinks or 4 fixed 10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ uplinks
- Perpetual PoE+ support with a power budget of up to 370W
- Cisco IOS enhanced LAN Lite software
- Device management support with:
- Intuitive web UI, over-the-air access via Bluetooth, Command-Line Interface (CLI), Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), RJ-45 or USB console access, and virtual stacking
- Network management with Cisco Prime®, Cisco Network Plug and Play, and Cisco DNA™ Center
- Security with 802.1X support for connected devices, Switched Port Analyzer (SPAN), and Bridge Protocol Data Unit (BPDU) Guard
- Basic Layer 3 features with Static routing and Routing Information Protocol (RIP)
- Fanless operation with operating temperature up to 45°C
- Compact design with a depth of less than 11.5 inches
- Reliability with higher Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) and an Enhanced Limited Lifetime Warranty (E-LLW)